Prostate Cancer Month - March 2012
Every March The Prostate Cancer Charity organises a month of activity to help raise the profile of prostate cancer across the UK.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men and many feel like it's hit them out of the blue.
Often men have no signs or symptoms and little awareness of a disease that kills 10,000 men in the UK every year.
It's vital they know they can turn to The Prostate Cancer Charity for support and information.
Each year we call on as many people as possible to get involved to help spread the message about prostate cancer and the support we provide to those affected. We reach out to men and their families, health professionals, politicians and celebrities.
Throughout March you can:
- Hand out leaflets, put up posters and host information stands
- Arrange talks at work and social events
- Share stories and speak to the media
- Raise money by taking on a 10,000 Challenge
- Campaign for the highest standards of treatment and care