To achieve the Gold Award, organisations must demonstrate that a clear committment to promoting Healthy Working Lives is an integral part of the business and it's development. This is demonstrated by a written strategy that addresses all aspects of the Healthy Working Lives Award, including all the components of Bronze and Silver. It is supported by a one year rolling action plan.
The action plan should also encompass all aspects of Healthy Working Lives, and outline the activity to be carried out during each year of the strategy.
Each year should include:
- two information campaigns and four activities on relevant health topics
- information on mental health and stress
- review of statements of intent on healthy eating & physical activity
- occupational health & safety training
- occupational health & safety priorities including
- monitoring, audit and review of staff attendance
- monitoring, audit and review of incidents, accidents, 'near misses'
- environmental priorities
Other activities that must be addressed within the three years are:
- lifestyle checks
- promote community health and well-being OR employability
- mental health training for managers
- activities to raise awareness of mental health
- assessment of safety and health needs of your organisation
- review of policies on smoking and alcohol & drugs
- development of statement of intent on health and the environment
- benchmarking your Healthy Working Lives performance and sharing good practice
The action plan should also identify the persons responsible and the timescales. The organisation can either develop a single action plan, or refer to existing action plans, eg. occupational health & safety, training, environmental.