There are many ways within the workplace that you can raise awareness of alcohol and drugs. Information campaigns can be as discreet or as interactive as you desire, but should highlight the key messages associated with alcohol or drug use.
- Resources Ė range of alcohol and drugs materials available from the health at wor website, or the Public Education Resource Library (PERL): displays, posters, leaflets etc.
- Provide information on drugs and their effects & information on drugs for employees with children.
- Publicise Drugline & local support agencies and services.
- Provide information on alcohol and drink driving.
- Lists of local alcohol support services.
- Promote safe drinking messages on payslips
- Leaflets stands
- E-mail messages
- Screen savers
Campaigns such as these are easy to organise, have little cost association and can be extremely effective. For workplaces registered with the award, your advisor will be assist you with such campaigns.