Below are some suggestions that can be used if you are planning on running a cancer information campaign, whether its part of your Healthy Working Lives Award, or whether you are just looking to raise employee awareness.
- Resources Ė we have a range of cancer materials available: displays, posters, leaflets etc.
- You could distribute breast screening posters, leaflets & displays in line with national events.
- Provide skin cancer and sun information around holiday time
- Raise awareness through staff intranet/email
- Provide TSE leaflets through occupational health.
- Promote safe sun messages on payslips
- Leaflet stands
- E-mail messages
- Screen savers
Information campaigns can be extremely effective in drawing attention to a particular issue, and your advisor will be happy to assist you with any campaign (if you are registered for the award). A more comprehensive list of resources can be found at the Public Education Resource Library.