- Show information videos ….more
- Introduce a policy to formalise commitment to physical activity for staff, and facilities available
- Hold a policy launch event
- Organise a sponsored walk or cycle
- Have a family activity day
- Take part in Bike to Work Day in June
- Hold quizzes or competitions –– prizes could be sports related vouchers, T-shirts, a swim pass, or a gym membership
- Corporate membership of local facility e.g. Glasgow City Council's Glasgow Club Tel: 0800 027 0470
- On-site exercise/dance classes
- Provide equipment, showers, bike racks
- Promote National Cycle Week, Cycle the Parks Day (Parks & Rec.), local Swimathons, Walkathon and other sponsored events.
- Organise taster sessions at a local sports facility.
- Provide exercise consultations for employees.
- Introduce flexible lunch hours for exercising.
- Community Action - Open up facilities to employees’ families and local community; sponsor local sports teams; organise community fun-day at local sports facility; organise inter-workplace competitions.
- Environmental Action - If you think your workplace already does a lot to support cyclists you may be eligible for the Cycle Friendly Employer’s Award. For more information contact the Scottish Cycling Development Project at Culture and Leisure Services.
Glasgow City Council,
37 High Street,
Glasgow G1 1LX
Telephone 0141 287 5447